Listed below are the written prayer requests offered during worship, as well as those left in the Sacred Place throughout the week. (Names have been removed to protect the identities of the women, their family members, and friends.)
As always, thank you for lifting these special concerns of these precious sisters in your prayers this week!
Please pray for:
- C’s children, J and T and their caregivers to be safe and healthy. - C
- all the women going home, to be strengthened in their faith. - D
- my sons, L and K, that they stay strong, focused and safe; all the women at ICIW (Iowa Correctional Institution for Women—the prison) and their loved ones; my boyfriend M, that he continues on the right path and that our connections continue to grow; for me, that I get my [release] date. - S
- The halfway house said [the wait for a bed would be] 60 days; please pray for a bed [for me] before then. Pray for my family and their health; pray for the women here. - S
- A and myself and family; JJ; world.
- my [release] date; stepdad, B; the missing boy from La Porte City.
- Let me forgive M; let Jason forgive me; [that] my case be run with this case. – S
- my son, J, that he is protected; for [guidance in] what path I should take in my life. I also ask you to pray for my drug addiction to be healed. Thank you. – S
- A’s family. Let them please find peace, love, and understanding. For J and all my family and children. Pray the Lord helps them keep the ways he only knows how. Thank you. – A
- Please pray for my son, E; he told me he does not believe in God anymore. He’s 17 years old. – S
- my chance to go home to my family; for N as he copes with the death of his friend; and that S will find his way. – K
- my nerves and to go down the right path once I go home.
- to soften the Parole Board’s (members’) hearts and grant me a work release so I can go home to my family. – R
- that I keep moving forward and growing. That God’s will is done in my life, that my addiction goes away; that I earn respect back. For my ex-husband and [that] he forgives me. – A
- safety and health for my two girls. Prayers for my mother’s health; for my father-in-law, who is going through cancer; for my husband--for him to figure out his life. For Medical to figure out what is going on with my heart. – L
- my reconsideration and appeal. – J
- C and her anger, and patience and guidance; and her family.